With the release of ICS on the HTC Sensation rapidly approaching you might not be aware that your device will need it's firmware updating to allow the new ICS ROM's to boot properly. This is because various updates have been made to the HBOOT and the ADSP sections of the phone firmware that allow the ROM's to boot properly, without them they just won't boot.
Going forward from this point on, it's important to get things right. Not following instructions below could leave you with an unusable phone and potentially sending your phone in to HTC to be fixed. So, make sure you have a MD5 checksum program installed to check any downloads you make from this site to make sure that you are flashing an undamaged file. You can find many MD5 checksum checking programs on Google, so please go install one before anything else. You will no longer be able to go back to any Gingerbread based ROM's after this so make sure you have everything you need from your old rom's before you start. Read all the instructions before you start.
You can obtain a SuperCID by doing the following, you must be S-OFF first:
- Connect your phone with USB Debugging enabled
- Open up an adb shell (if you don't know how to do this, Google it!)
- Reboot into fastboot mode in the Bootloader.
- Type: fastboot oem writecid 11111111
- Type: adb reboot-bootloader
- Type: fastboot oem readcid
- If it says 11111111 then you have SuperCID
- You can reboot as normal
Installing the ICS Firmware (for 3.32.401.3 & 3.32.401.103 based ROMs)
- Go download the following file from this site: ICS 3.32.401.3 Firmware
- Put the PG58IMG.zip in the root of your SDCard
- Check the MD5 Checksum of the file is E50C7A9BC98A01768FA4FD9ED046FEF2. If it's not redownload it and check again.
- Go into the Android Market and search for Quickboot. Download, install and open the application. Select Bootloader
- Select the Fastboot option with the power button and it will then load the PG58IMG file and ask if you want to update
- Make sure your phone has more than 30% battery or plugged into a charger.
- Press the Volume Up key on the side of your phone and leave it. DO NOT EVER REMOVE THE BATTERY OR SD CARD AT THIS POINT.
- It might reboot after flashing some items, please leave it, it will most likely flash the radio next. Wait until the screen tells you to press the power button to reboot.
- Press the power button to reboot your phone.
- To get into recovery, either boot back into your ROM and use QuickBoot to get into recovery or download ADB for Windows/Linux and type adb reboot recovery
- After this point if you're getting bootloops, remove the SDCard from your phone, boot into your ROM and remove the PG58IMG file from your SDCard by plugging it back in after the phone has booted.
After this you are done and can go ahead and install/flash any ICS ROM of your choice.