Don't forget everyone, you have a part to play in getting HTC to release their kernel sources for new devices such as the HTC Sensation and Evo 3D. You're probably thinking "Why should I care?" Because, you have a right to view the code that is used in your device and HTC have a GPL license that they have to abide by. In the current version of the license, which can be viewed here states that once you release a device/software and you have a GPL license, you must release the source code with the device.
This means under the GPL license that HTC hold, they have broken their agreement. This holds legal ramifications if they do not release their source code soon.
What can we do?
- Shout out to other people and let people know about it on your blog.
- Post a tweet on your twitter to @HTC asking them to release the kernel source code for their newer HTC devices.
- Post a message on the HTC Facebook page.
- Lodge a complaint with the GPL Violations team
- Contact media companies and let them know about this infringement on your rights and HTC breaking their legal agreement.
If we all work together and work as one voice they will have no choice but to comply or face PR disaster.
Once we get the kernel source code it will allow many developers to create newer, better kernels for their ROM's and our devices.
Help this cause today!